28 Feb 2016

WW4BB Presents: A Spotlight Author Weekend of Bad Timing by Nicky Peacock

Posted by wiccawitch4 on 10:18:00 am





My top 5 Villains.

Okay guys, as much as most people hate a villain, there wouldn’t be heroes without them, so here are my top 5…

  1.  Dracula. Oh, he’s graced so many books, TV shows and movies in so many incarnations it’s hard to keep count, but the essence of who he is and how he gets things done always remains the same. He’s strong, seductive and oh so driven to get what he wants. By far my favourite Draculas are Gerard Butler in Dracula 2000 and Luke Evans in Dracula Untold. Although let’s not forget the original Bram Stoker character who birthed this succession of sexy blood suckers.

  2.  Loki. Known more for his Avengers appearances nowadays this envy driven little trickster has appeared in so much more. Reading the Norse legends he gets up to all kinds of unbelievable (and slightly disturbing) scenarios but is by far the most interesting character going. Powerful with a wicked sense of humour he’s an interesting villain who would be difficult to defeat. 

  3. Ichabod. Is it crass to cite your own creation? Probably, but I’m doing it anyway. Ichabod appears in Bad Timing and is a nasty piece of work. No respect for human life, hell bent on killing Britannia and, oh he did something pretty nasty behind the scenes of the first book (no spoilers!) I imagined him played by actor Orlando Bloom, so he’s easy on the eye but you couldn’t trust him anymore you could a ravenous red eyed beast who has the scent of your blood in his nostrils. 

  4. Rasputin. Inspiration for books, movies and a very catchy Boney M song. And he was real. Hard to believe that he did everything that the history books say, but if he did – what a villain! Power mad and supernaturally gifted. It took a lot of men with a serious amount of time and weaponry to kill him – you have to respect a bad guy that doesn’t go down easy!

  5. Lucifer. The ultimate bad guy. From the start of time to right now, as you read these words, Lucifer has been the most used villain throughout all forms of entertainment. Every culture has him in one form or another and you’d be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn’t know who he is. Of all the villains out there he’s the one that would be hardest to defeat and, if he sets his sights on you, you better get your affairs in order. With an army of demons and his own damned place of residence, Hell he has to be the toughest villain going. Although, I must admit, Amazon Prime’s new series Lucifer is showing him in a slightly more impish light. I wonder what the real Lucifer thinks about that…

Who is your favourite villain? Let us know below in the comments.

Thanks Amanda for having me on your blog! 



Fun facts about the Battle of the Undead series.

The first book in the series, Bad Blood came out late 2014 and the second, Bad Timing hit virtual book shelves just before Christmas 2015. The prequel, Traitor’s Gate will be released as a free read through Evernight Teen end of February 2016. Although Bad Blood and Bad Timing must be read in that order, Traitor’s Gate can be read at any point in the series.

So to celebrate the new releases the lovely Amanda has asked me to give you 10 fun facts about the series...
  1.     The wax work museum in Bad Blood was based on my own experience at one in London. I visited it as part of a school trip and found the Chamber of Horrors particularly frightening. It stayed with me, and I drew upon this for the Britannia/ Philippe fight scene in Bad Blood.

  2.     Britannia quite often mentions her clothes, this is more of a trait from me rather than her. I’m addicted to fashion and love shopping for clothes. Having a virtual doll like Britannia to play imaginary dress-up with is just far too irresistible for me to not include her outfit choices!

  3.     Reincarnation features in the books, however no one is really sure it’s real – not even the vampires. I have always had a fascination with reincarnation and truly believe that finding your reincarnated true love would be the most romantic thing in the world – although whether it would work out or not is another matter.

  4.     A Double Decker Bus features in Bad Blood, but I’ve never actually be on one. I’ve lived in England all my life and visited London a number of times, but have never travelled on this iconic mode of public transport.

  5.     I still have nightmares about zombies! I put it down to writing about them (a lot) and watching The Walking Dead, but knowing where they come from and waking up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night are two very different things!

  6.     I do love a man in uniform. Josh, one of the romantic leads, is US Military and when I created him, he was instantly more attractive to me when I dressed him in uniform. I’m also, for some bizarre reason, very attracted to Drill Sergeants – I’ve no idea why.

  7.     My favourite character in this series is…Nicholas.

  8.     Bad Timing includes a crucial scene on Blackpool pier. I holidayed in Blackpool when I was young and the arcades and beach have a very special place in my heart.

  9.     When I was young, I was scared of vampires. I used to wear a dainty silver cross for protection, which I still have.


I hope you enjoyed these fun facts, if you’d like to know about the series please feel free to contact me through my blog http:nickypeacockauthor.wordpress.com or leave a comment here for Amanda.  


The Interview

I feel truly blessed as I have gotten to yet again interview the lovely and talented Nicky Peacock! 
Her Books are an inspiration! full of battles, danger, and drama. I have rarely come across such a dynamic series before!
I can never wait to read more and I am always excited to share them with all of you! don't miss out on any of it!




Q: Can you please tell us a little about your book Bad Timing and what inspired you write it?
It’s the 2nd in the series, and was always planned – although took me longer to write than usual due to some unexpected life hurdles that I had to ungracefully jump over! The whole series was really based on the fact that I wanted to read a book that had vampires fighting zombies, but really couldn’t find one, so I took my reader hat off and put my writer’s hat on!
Q: What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
LOL, I’m not very perceptive, so probably learnt very little other than to start with a main plot, then evolve subplots out from that. Trying to write anything without a vague idea of where you’re going can end up a jumbled nightmare, especially if you’re writing a series.
Q: What made you want to write a story with Vampires and Zombies? And even Vambies!
I really love the supernatural and they both seemed popular monsters that readers would like to see. The Vambie or Zompire (depending on which vampire you side with!) was really just a natural progression from the two. It kind of embodies the worst and most terrifying traits of both creatures.
Q: I loved the book! But what is it that makes your book stand out from all the other Vampire and Zombie books out there?
I think it’s because the monsters are both together in one book. There are plenty of vampire novels and a ton of zombie apocalypse novels – but few that have the vampires actually in this survival situation against zombies. Vampires can be really old and they have talents, history and enemies that make their zombie survival even more playfully intriguing. 
Q: In Bad Timing we meet the Ichabod. Did you know at the beginning he would become such a formidable foe to your heroine?
Yes and no. I originally planned for him to have more of a role in Bad Timing, however halfway through I got the feeling that Brit’s main enemy in the book is time itself – without giving too much away, she has to contend with how bad timing affects her life and the decisions she has to make. I also had a completely different title for this one – that changed after this realization too!
Q: Do you think That Britannia will eventually get to kill Nicholas?
Well, I’ve plotted the whole series, so I know the answer to that, but readers might find they root for a different outcome after they read the prequel, Traitors’ Gate (due out 26th Feb through Evernight Teen) And don’t worry, the prequel is written in such a way that it can be read at any point in the series currently out J
Q: What did you enjoy most about writing this book?
LOL, when it went to press! I always breathe a sigh of relief when a book goes through its final edit. It took far too long to get it out, especially when readers were asking me when they could expect it!
Q: What inspires you?
Everything really. I love coming up with new ideas for books, ways to see the world differently. I seriously enjoy writing, but can’t wait till I’m making enough money to write full time. Right now I have to juggle a full time job, writing, family and a semi-interesting social life. Its hard work and I’d just adore to wake up every morning and know I had all day to write – heaven!
 Q: How do you feel about eBooks vs. print books and alternative vs. conventional publishing?
eBooks are great. They’ve really opened doors for new writers. Publishers don’t need to invest too much money in the first instance when they take on a new author, so the chances or a wannabe writer being published have never been so high.
I must admit, I’m not a fan of self-publishing. I’m sure it works for some authors, but for me personally it kind of feels like the market has been flooded with books that haven’t had to pass through a gate keeper. In rare instances this is a great thing and we end up with a wonderful book that, in the past, might never have made it to the virtual book shelf – but most of the time I find myself shying away from reading them unless a friend recommends it to me.

Q: Thank you so much for the interview, Nicky Peacock. Would you like to tell my readers where they can find you on the web and where everyone can buy your book?
It’s my pleasure – thank you so much for having me! I’m pretty much everywhere online:
Bad Blood needs to be read first and can be found here:
Bad Timing is book 2 and can be found here:
Giveaway

2 comments:

My favourite bad guy is without doubt Baron Vladimir Harkonnen. Not a single redeeming quality and pig ugly to boot.

I loved the review and all the info on the book! can't wait to read!

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site

 
  • Blogroll

    Get your own free Blogoversary button!
  • © Amanda Masters. Powered by Blogger.
  • Download

    Wordpress And Blogger Tips