5 Nov 2012

WW4BB Presents: The Otherworldlies Series by Jennifer Anne Kogler

Posted by wiccawitch4 on 1:54:00 pm

Fern communicates with her dog, blisters from just moments in the sun, and has correctly predicted the daily weather for more than two years. Even so, she's always seemed to be a normal twelve-year-old girl . . . until one day when Fern closes her eyes in class and opens them seconds later on a sandy beach miles away from school. When Fern disappears again, this time to a place far more dangerous, she begins to realize exactly "how" different she is.

With the help of her twin brother, Sam, Fern struggles to gain control of her supernatural powers. The arrival of a sinister vampire in town--who seems to have an alarming interest in Fern's powers--causes Fern to question her true identity. Who "is" she? More importantly, who can she count on? Soon Fern finds herself in the middle of a centuries-old battle--one that could destroy Fern and endanger everyone she loves.



The Otherworldlies by Jennifer Anne Kogler

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



great book and great series! I liked Fern a lot I liked that she was weird and people didn't get her. I loved how her twin Sam always looks out for her and I even liked her mother the "Commander" which I thought was a great nickname...lol...she was sweet and understanding when she needed to be and "commanding" when needed too. The powers were neat I liked how they were played out and explored but I thought the bad guys could have been a little scarier and the challenges a little harder. The book although a little slow in some parts I thought was overall a great book!




View all my reviews





Not just an
Otherworldly...
an Unusual.

Fern is not like other girls. She has strange and vivid visions and has the ability to teleport--anywhere, anytime. Fern is an Otherworldly, a special kind of vampire that lives in the human world. What's more, Fern is one of the Unusual Eleven, a group of Otherworldlies all born on the same day with extraordinary powers, prophesied to change the fate of Otherworldlies and humans alike.


On a school trip to Washington, DC, Fern has a dramatic vision that reveals another Unusual in grave danger. Now it's up to Fern to put together the pieces of where he is and why he's been taken. Can Fern solve the puzzle and free the boy in time to defeat the darkness that threatens?


In this gripping and fast-paced tale, the world of vampires has never been more compelling


 

The Siren's Cry by Jennifer Anne Kogler

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I actually liked this book better then the first it was more action packed and Fern seemed to face more challenges. The bad guys were creepier and the dangers worse. I really liked Candice and her unusualness....lol...I like unusual people...lol...and the food fight epic! this book was totally awesome! and I couldn't put it down I was up till 1:00 just so I could finish it!




View all my reviews


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site

 
  • Blogroll

    Get your own free Blogoversary button!
  • © Amanda Masters. Powered by Blogger.
  • Download

    Wordpress And Blogger Tips